Group Exercise Classes
We offer four types of group exercise classes. Types will vary depending on your center. Please click on a center below to see your schedules and to make a class reservations. Reservations are required for our indoor group exercise classes, aquatic group exercise classes, and Healthy Together Outdoors classes.
Facebook Live classes do not require a reservation. They’re viewed from the comfort of your home.
Greater West Point Family YMCA
Hampton Family YMCA
Luter Family YMCA
Mathews Family YMCA
Middlesex Family YMCA
Northern Neck Family YMCA
Northumberland Family YMCA
Richmond County Family YMCA
R.F. Wilkinson Family YMCA
Tom & Ann Hunnicutt Family YMCA
Victory Family YMCA
YMCA Health & Wellness Center
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Group exercise classes will observe 10-feet physical distancing protocols.
- All group exercise classes and pool lanes will require a reservation. You can make your reservation through our free mobile app, yConnect.
- We are unable to accommodate walk-ups at this time.
- Reservations can be made 24 hours in advance of the class start time.
- Please cancel your reservation if you decide not to attend, or are showing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- No guests can attend classes at this time.
- Members will be required to sign a waiver upon check-in.
- Outdoor classes will be held in our parking lots and fields. Please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes in advance to check-in and find a spot.
- Child Watch is currently closed. Please do not bring kids under the age of 8.
- Healthy Together Outdoors classes and lap swimming are weather permitting. Updates on any cancellations will be made through yConnect and through the schedule.
staying safe and clean
Members will show their key tag or mobile phone at check-in and a staff member will scan you in.
10-foot physical distancing will be enforced.
Wiping Down Equipment
Staff will be disinfecting all equipment after each use.
There will be hand sanitizer for use before and after your exercise class.
Wear Your Mask
Masks are required while inside the Y. The exception will be while you are exercising or swimming.
To ensure proper social distancing, our wellness areas will have a limited capacity. At times of full capacity you will be asked to wait in a designated area until space is available. Only active members will be able to use the Y at this time. No outside guests are permitted.
what to bring with you
- Yoga mat
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen for outdoor classes
- Face mask (not required while exercising, but recommended when you’re with groups of people)
- Please bring a mat or towel if you are participating in POUND outdoors