Healthy Together Outdoors
We will now be offering outdoors group exercise classes at select centers. Please check our group exercise schedule below to see when your center will start our Healthy Together Outdoors classes. We can’t wait to open our doors, but we are happy to serve members through our outdoor classes at this time.
In addition to outdoor group exercise classes, the Northumberland Family YMCA outdoor pool will also be open. Monday-Saturday 8 a..m – 12 p.m. Reservations are required through our yConnect app.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Group exercise classes will be limited to nine (9) (plus an instructor) and will observe 10-feet physical distancing protocols.
- All group exercise classes and lap swimming will require a reservation. You can make your reservation through our free mobile app, yConnect.
- We are unable to accommodate walk-ups at this time.
- Reservations can be made 24 hours in advance of the class start time.
- Please cancel your reservation if you decide not to attend, or are showing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Healthy Together Outdoors classes and lap swimming are for members only. No guests can attend classes at this time.
- Members must show their membership key tag or mobile barcode in order to be admitted into the class.
- Members will be required to sign a waiver upon check-in.
- Restrooms and locker rooms will be not open during this time. Please plan to arrive in your workout clothes or be swim ready.
- Outdoor classes will be held in our parking lots and fields. Please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes in advance to check-in and find a spot.
- Child Watch is currently closed. Please do not bring kids under the age of 8.
- Healthy Together Outdoors classes and lap swimming are weather permitting. Updates on any cancellations will be made through yConnect and through the schedule.
staying safe and clean
Members will show their key tag or mobile phone at check-in and a staff member will scan you in.
10-foot physical distancing will be enforced. Group sizes will not exceed 10 people.
Wiping Down Equipment
Staff will be disinfecting all equipment after each use.
There will be hand sanitizer for use before and after your exercise class.
Masks are not required, but will be encouraged when in a group setting.
Reduced Group Sizes
Healthy Together Outdoors classes will be limited to nine participants plus one instructor.
Greater West Point Family YMCA
Hampton Family YMCA
Luter Family YMCA
Mathews Family YMCA
Middlesex Family YMCA
Northern Neck Family YMCA
Northumberland Family YMCA
Northumberland Family YMCA Pool
R.F. Wilkinson Family YMCA
Tom & Ann Hunnicutt Family YMCA
Victory Family YMCA
YMCA Health & Wellness Center
what to bring with you
- Yoga mat
- Water bottle (refills will not be provided at the Y)
- Face mask (not required while exercising, but recommended when you’re with groups of people)
- Please bring a mat or towel if you are participating in POUND
- Northumberland (pool towel, water, and come swim ready as there will be no open locker rooms)