THE COMMUNITY IS A BETTER PLACE WHEN EVERYONE IS WELCOME
The YMCA is a vital center to the communities it serves because we make it possible for everyone to join or participate. Programs, services, and facilities are available regardless of a family or individual’s ability to pay the standard membership and program fees. If you want to participate at the YMCA and feel you are not financially able to do so, please apply to our Guardian Program. We do not want you or your family to be excluded from the benefits that the YMCA has to offer.
At the YMCA, one of our most important goals has always been to enrich the lives of the children and families in the communities we serve. But when some are left out it leaves us all a bit poorer because giving families a safe and nurturing place to go benefits everyone. By introducing kids and teens to experiences that help them grow into responsible and successful adults, we make the community we love a better place to live.
The Peninsula Metropolitan YMCA and all its locations are committed to providing high quality, affordable programs in a Christian environment.
How to Apply
- Please come to your local Y to apply
- Guardian Program applications are available online.
- Applying for the Guardian Program is completely confidential
- Your application will be reviewed by a YMCA director at your location
- Scholarships are based on an applicant’s household income and are limited by the space available at the time of application
- Please allow a minimum of one week for processing the application
Items you will need to include
- Your last 1040 tax form (If you do not have a copy of your tax return, you may obtain one by calling the IRS at 1-800-829-1040. If you did not file taxes last year, they will send you a 4506T letter.)
- Your last two pay stubs or a notarized income statement (for cash or other income)
- Social Security/Disability
All YMCA members receive the same membership benefits, regardless of whether or not they receive assistance. Y members can feel great knowing they are involved in an organization that cares greatly for the health and well-being of all people.