Youth Outdoor Leadership Academy
Youth Outdoor Leadership Academy (YOLA) is a new summer experience for teens to elevate their leadership through outdoor adventure. Participants receive hands-on training and professional development that serves as the foundation of the program.
Participants will learn basic safety, group control, team-based games, activity facilitation, outdoor engagement, camp best practices, and more.
DAYS WILL BE FILLED WITH:
- Fun camp activities to engage leadership styles.
- Opportunities to explore and develop new skills.
- Physical activities and games to keep bodies active.
- Service projects that welcome cause-driven volunteering.
CAMPERS DEVELOP NEW FRIENDSHIPS AND HAVE TONS OF FUN IN A SAFE ENVIRONMENT THAT WILL INCLUDE:
- Outdoor experiences that promotes physical distance.
- Small group sizes including, counselors and volunteers.
- Clean, safe, and healthy guidelines including, face masks and hand-sanitizing requirements.
Leaders in Training is the middle school age division. The LITs will engage in outdoor (and some indoor) activities that provide valuable leadership skills and healthy relationship-building. The group is led by the counselor staff team.
There are EIGHT one-week sessions to choose from.
Counselors in Leadership Training is the high school age division. The CILTs will engage in outdoor (and some indoor) activities that provide valuable employee skills and opportunities to lead. Each session includes mock interviewing, networking, and resume-building to prepare for future opportunities with the YMCA.
There are TWO four-week sessions to choose from.