Reopening Phase 2
We’re excited to welcome you back to the Y. We will have a three-phased approach to reopening, which will allow us to keep our centers clean and safe. Our second phase is outlined below. Only active members will be able to use the Y at this time. No outside guests are permitted.
Monday – Saturday
6 a.m. – 1 p.m.
1-3 p.m. CLOSED FOR CLEANING
Operating hours apply to all centers open.
WHICH centerS ARE REOPENING?
All centers have reopened with the exception of Fort Monroe YMCA and YMCA Express at Gloucester. Opening dates are TBD for both centers.
PHASE 2 REOPENING GUIDELINES
What Should I Bring?
- Please bring a mask, workout towel, and a water bottle. Water fountains will be available for bottle refills only.
- Masks are required at all times while inside the Y. You may remove your mask while you are exercising or swimming.
- We will not be able to keep your keys or belongings at the Welcome Center and our only a few lockers are available. Please try to keep your items you bring into the Y to a minimum.
WHAT WILL BE AVAILABLE?
To ensure all members are able to enjoy the facility, we will be limiting cardio equipment usage to 30 mins. and our wellness floor to 60 mins.
- Wellness floor and equipment
- Walking track
- Select indoor group exercise classes. A reservation will be required.
- Pool (one person per available lane) a reservation will be required.
- Aquatic group exercise classes. Three people per lane. A reservation will be required.
- Outdoor group exercise classes. A reservation will be required.
- Racquetball courts. One person per court, with the exception of a family. A reservation will be required.
- Locker rooms. Limited use only. Some lockers available. Limited showers are available for use.
Which Areas Are Closed?
- Child Watch
- Youth Watch
- Hot tub
- Steam room
- Towel service
- Climbing wall
- Water fountains (refill use only)
- Group sports
- No basketball, racquetball, volleyball, pickleball, etc.
- Gymnasium will be open only for select family activities
- No coffee service
- No communal seating area
HELP US ALL STAY SAFE
All members will have their temperature taken prior to entering the Y at our Safety Station tent. All staff will also receive daily temperature checks.
WIPE DOWN EQUIPMENT
Use the cleaning materials provided to you. Wipe down equipment before and after each use. Staff will also be monitoring and cleaning equipment throughout the day.
WEAR YOUR MASK
Masks are required while inside the Y. The exception will be while you are exercising or swimming.
EXPECT REDUCED CAPACITY
To ensure proper social distancing, our wellness areas will have a limited capacity. At times of full capacity you will be asked to wait in a designated area until space is available. Only active members will be able to use the Y at this time. No outside guests are permitted.
KEEP THE KIDS AT HOME
We are unable to provide Youth Watch and Child Watch at this time. Space inside the facility is extremely limited.
STAY HOME IF YOU'RE SICK
CDC and state guidelines encourage seniors and other vulnerable people to stay home.
KEEP YOUR DISTANCE
Respect all signs regarding physical distancing. Stay at least six feet away from others whenever possible and 10 feet while working out.