THE RIGHT CHOICE CAN DEFINE YOUR FUTURE
Imagine being part of one of the most respected human services organizations in the world—a place where your work positively influences the lives of others, a place where you thrive in a values-based environment, a place where you are building a better future for yourself and your community.
When you choose to work for the Y, you choose:
- A job that offers meaningful work in a fun, supportive environment
- A position that suits your unique talents and interests
- A career path to develop strong professional skills
- A caring organization with opportunities for growth
Why Work at the Y?
- Future employers respect the Y – When future employers see the Y on your resume, they think of an organization with global ties that has been around for more than 100 years. We have a reputation for hiring good people who do great things.
- Every day is something new – When you work at Y child care, day camp or resident camp, every day is a new adventure. One moment you’ll be helping kids with homework and the next you’ll be leading a big art project or games outside.
- Free Y membership – When you work for the Y, we offer you all the perks of being a Y member including access to all of our branches and discounts.
- The job is designed with your schedule in mind – Part-time and full-time positions are available, making jobs at the Y ideal for students and non-students alike! Camp positions begin after most colleges get out and end when it’s time to go back to school.
- The best coworkers ever – Everyone that works at the Y shares a passion for making their communities a better place, especially for kids. Don’t be surprised if you leave your Y summer with great professional experience and a new BFF.
Contact Jennifer Inge at Jennifer.inge@ymcavp or Click here to see a list of all our open full-time and part-time jobs.
The YMCA’s Summer Internship Program is designed to provide interns with opportunities to put theory into practice. An internship is a major-related, professional work experience that is performed during the summer or an academic semester. An internship provides an opportunity to assess, develop and enhance many key competencies needed in the professional workplace. Currently, we offer an 8-week Summer Intern Program beginning the first part of June. Applications are accepted between February and April of the current year.
If you are in need of an internship for college credit during an academic semester, please contact Jennifer Inge to apply.